Welcome to United Church of Bogotá!
United is a non-denominational, Bible-based Christian church ministering to the English-speaking international community in Bogotá, Colombia. We are a diverse fellowship, serving people from all over the world.
© Forrest Hughes- www.forresthughes.com; 04/21/2017
Plan Your Visit
We’re happy to meet you!
Time: 10:45 AM
Location: We are located on Cra. 4 #69-06 in the Zona G area of Rosales.
Parking: is located in Central Parking System lot on Cra. 5 #70A-41.
- Dress: Casual
- KIDS? Children’s Church (Ages 3-9) is available during the Sunday Morning message and secure nursery care is available starting at 9:30 AM.
Where Are We?
What We Believe
Scripture teaches God’s story of redemption of which we are a part.
- Creation: God created all things and mankind existed in perfect harmony with Him, with each other, and with the rest of creation.
- Fall: Mankind chose to rebel rather than participate in God’s good design and was thus totally alienated from right relationship with God, deserving His eternal punishment.
- Redemption: The good news is that God never gave up on His people and restored this broken relationship through His Son, Jesus. God’s Son lived a perfect life, was rejected and crucified, took the full punishment that we deserved (giving us His perfection in exchange), and then defeated death by walking out of His own tomb. Jesus currently reigns over everything from heaven, yet is with us through the Holy Spirit, and is making all things new.
- Restoration: We, the church, participate in this remaking of all things as the Holy Spirit works in us and through us. We look forward to the day in which Jesus returns, the world is free of all brokenness, and we are present with our God forever.
A person’s only hope is to trust in Christ’s atoning sacrifice on his or her behalf. This faith is a free gift from God.
As God’s family we meet together to worship him weekly. We share in each other’s lives, providing a home for God’s family no matter where we’re going or where we’ve come from.
We strive to spread Gospel Truth among our families, in our city, and throughout the world.
As a diverse fellowship of believers, we focus on core Christian beliefs as expressed in the scriptures. We honor denominational practices that don’t contradict these core beliefs.
Answers to Your Questions
The official statement on baptism at United Church is as follows: “Baptism is a sacrament, wherein the washing with water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, does signify and seal our engrafting into Christ, and partaking of the benefits of the covenant of grace, and our engagement to be the Lord’s.”
Because United Church attendees come from many different backgrounds, we honor a multitude of theological opinions regarding the sacrament. Baptism Policy Statement
You are not obligated to give money to United Church as either a regular attender or member, and no payment is required to join the church. A collection is taken during the worship service as a free-will offering, but please do not feel obligated to give or embarrassed if you don’t give. On the other hand, we believe that giving to the work of the church is biblical (see Malachi 3:10, Nehemiah 10:37-38, Mark 12:40-42, Hebrews 10:1-8). It is not a means of finding favor with God, but as a grateful response to God for what He has done for you in the saving work of Christ on the cross- for all who would repent of their sins by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
We love your kids and we have bright, clean facilities to care for them during the Sunday worship hours. Nursery workers must pass a background security check before caring for your kids. During the worship service, children ages 3 – 10 are dismissed before the morning message- follow the flag! They have their own Children’s Church program- complete with songs, craft and age-appropriate lessons. During the school calendar year, Middle School Youth have their own program during part of the worship service every 2 weeks. Your children are welcome to stay with you during the service if they or you prefer.